Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- Dextrocardia bronchiectasis and sinusitis
- Siewert syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
primary ciliary dyskinesia associated with situs inversus (mirror-image reversal of internal organs). Kartagener syndrome is inherited in an autosomal recessive fashion and is characterized by the triad of situs inversus, bronchiectasis and sinusitis. About 50% of individuals with primary ciliary dyskinesia have Kartagener syndrome.Kartagener syndrome is a type of
Last updated: 7/12/2011
- Zariwala MA, Knowles MR, Leigh MW. Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia. GeneReviews. October 6, 2009; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1122/. Accessed 7/12/2011.
- Casanova MS, Tuji FM, Yoo HJ, Haiter-Neto F. Kartagener syndrome. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. September 2006; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16940490. Accessed 7/12/2011.
- Primary ciliary dyskinesia. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). August 2010; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/primary-ciliary-dyskinesia. Accessed 7/12/2011.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
In Depth Information
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Kartagener syndrome. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Kartagener syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.