Other Names for this Disease
- Dextrocardia bronchiectasis and sinusitis
- Siewert syndrome
primary ciliary dyskinesia associated with situs inversus (mirror-image reversal of internal organs). Kartagener syndrome is inherited in an autosomal recessive fashion and is characterized by the triad of situs inversus, bronchiectasis and sinusitis. About 50% of individuals with primary ciliary dyskinesia have Kartagener syndrome.Kartagener syndrome is a type of
Last updated: 7/12/2011
- Zariwala MA, Knowles MR, Leigh MW. Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia. GeneReviews. October 6, 2009; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1122/. Accessed 7/12/2011.
- Casanova MS, Tuji FM, Yoo HJ, Haiter-Neto F. Kartagener syndrome. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. September 2006; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16940490. Accessed 7/12/2011.
- Primary ciliary dyskinesia. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). August 2010; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/primary-ciliary-dyskinesia. Accessed 7/12/2011.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Kartagener syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.