Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- Kawasaki disease
- Mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Last updated: 1/12/2009
- Kawasaki disease. MedlinePlus. 2006; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000989.htm. Accessed 10/3/2008.
- Kawasaki disease. National Heart Lung and Blood Institute Web site. December 2007; http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/kd/kd_whatis.html. Accessed 10/3/2008.
- You can obtain comprehensive information on this topic from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC is recognized as the lead federal agency for developing and applying disease prevention and control, environmental health, and health promotion and education activities designed to improve the health of the people of the United States. Click on the link to read information on this condition.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Kawasaki syndrome. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic. Click on the link to view this information.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provide more information on reporting cases of Kawasaki syndrome. Click on the CDC link to view this information.
National Center for Zoonotic, Vector-Borne, Enteric Diseases (NCZVED)
1600 Clifton Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30329-4018
- The Vasculitis Foundation offers information on Kawasaki disease to assist patients, family members, and medical professionals in learning more about the condition.
- KidsHealth created by The Nemours Foundation's Center for Children's Health Media provides information in both English and Spanish about this condition. Click on the link to access the information page on Kawasaki disease.
In Depth Information
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Kawasaki syndrome. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Kawasaki syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.