Other Names for this Disease
- Kohler's Disease
- Kohler's Disease of the Tarsal Navicular
- Kohler's Osteochondrosis of the Tarsal Navicular
- Navicular Osteochondrosis
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
Kohler disease typically resolves over time with or without treatment. However, pain relievers, rest and avoidance of weight-bearing activities can help alleviate some of the symptoms. In some cases, a plaster walking cast and/or arch supports may also be recommended.
Last updated: 2/18/2015
- Bernardo Vargas. Kohler Disease. Medscape Reference. September 2014; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1234753-overview.
- Kohler Disease. NORD. February 2008; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/800/viewAbstract.