Other Names for this Disease
- Kohler's Disease
- Kohler's Disease of the Tarsal Navicular
- Kohler's Osteochondrosis of the Tarsal Navicular
- Navicular Osteochondrosis
On this page
Treatment of Kohler disease may involve rest, pain relief, and avoiding excessive weight bearing. In acute cases, a few weeks in a below-knee walking plaster cast, well molded under the arch of the foot, may help. Special supportive shoes may also be considered. Symptoms can last for a few days or persist for up to two years; however, they usually resolve within a year.
Last updated: 7/20/2012
- Osteochondroses. MERCK Manual. 2005; http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec19/ch284/ch284j.html. Accessed 4/1/2009.
- Kohler disease. NORD. February 5, 2008; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/800/viewAbstract. Accessed 4/25/2014.