Other Names for this Disease
- Galactocerebrosidase deficiency
- Galactosylceramide beta-galactosidase deficiency
- GALC deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Tests & Diagnosis
- The Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) provides information about the genetic tests for this condition. The intended audience for the GTR is health care providers and researchers. Patients and consumers with specific questions about a genetic test should contact a health care provider or a genetics professional.
- Orphanet lists international laboratories offering diagnostic testing for this condition. Click here and scroll down the page to learn more about the processes of certification, accreditation, and external quality assessment available to these labs. Click on Orphanet to view the list.
- Baby's First Test is the nation's newborn screening education center for families and providers. This site provides information and resources about screening at the local, state, and national levels and serves as the Clearinghouse for newborn screening information.
- National Newborn Screening and Global Resource Center (NNSGRC) provides information and resources in the area of newborn screening and genetics to benefit health professionals, the public health community, consumers and government officials.