Print friendly version
Leber hereditary optic neuropathy
Other Names for this Disease
- Leber optic atrophy
- Leber’s disease
- Optic atrophy, Leber type
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Leber hereditary optic neuropathy. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2006; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/leber-hereditary-optic-neuropathy. Accessed 12/2/2011.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Leber hereditary optic neuropathy. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The Merck Manuals Online Medical Library provides information on this condition. Click on the link to view the information.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
In Depth Information
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is an catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Leber hereditary optic neuropathy. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.