Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Four corners hantavirus
- Hantavirus-associated respiratory distress syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Last updated: 8/30/2012
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS). CDC. August 29, 2012; http://www.cdc.gov/hantavirus/hps/index.html. Accessed 8/30/2012.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- You can obtain information on this topic from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC is recognized as the lead federal agency for developing and applying disease prevention and control, environmental health, and health promotion and education activities designed to improve the health of the people of the United States.
- The Keck School of Medicine of USC has created an infographic on the Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.