Other Names for this Disease
- Lichen sclerosis
- Lichen sclerosis et atrophicus
- Lichen sclerosus et atrophicus
- What Is Lichen Sclerosus?. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) . 2009; http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Lichen_Sclerosus/default.asp. Accessed 1/8/2013.
- Edwards L. Diseases and Disorders of the Anogenitalia of Females. Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology in General Medicine, 6th edition. Philadelphia, PA: 2003;
- DermNet NZ is an online resource about skin diseases developed by the New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated. DermNet NZ provides information about this condition.
- The Center for Young Women's Health Children's Hospital Boston has developed an online fact sheet on lichen sclerosus that you might find helpful. Click on the link above to view this information page.
- The MayoClinic.com also provides information on lichen sclerosus. To view this information, click on the link above.
- The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) support research into the causes, treatment, and prevention of arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin diseases, the training of basic and clinical scientists to carry out this research, and the dissemination of information on research progress in these diseases. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Lichen sclerosus. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.