Print friendly version
Nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Basal Cell Nevus Syndrome
- Fifth Phacomatosis
- Gorlin Syndrome
- Gorlin-Goltz Syndrome
- Multiple Basal Cell Nevi, Odontogenic Keratocysts, And Skeletal Anomalies
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Gorlin syndrome. Genetic Home Reference. 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/gorlin-syndrome. Accessed 6/23/2010.
- Sparks SE, Krasnewich DM. Nevoid Basal Cell Carcinoma. GeneReviews. 2002; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=gene&part=bcns. Accessed 7/23/2010.
On this page
- DermNet NZ is an online resource about skin diseases developed by the New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated. DermNet NZ provides information about this condition.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic. Click on the link to view this information.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The American Society of Clinical Oncology has developed an information page on nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome. Click on the link above to view the information page
- eMedicine has two articles on this topic from the perspective of pediatric oncology and dermatology. You may need to register to view the information online, but registration is free. Click on the links above to view the articles from this medical reference Web site.
In Depth Information
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
Selected Full-Text Journal Articles
- Muzio LL. Nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome (Gorlin syndrome). Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases. 2008;3:32