See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
autoimmune disease of unknown cause. It is a subgroup of the idiopathic (unknown cause) inflammatory muscle diseases and is characterized by myositis, interstitial lung disease, arthritis, and Raynaud's phenomenon. Antisynthetase syndrome is a chronic
Last updated: 5/15/2008
- Tzioufas AG. Orphanet. November 2001; http://www.orpha.net/data/patho/Pro/en/Antisynthetase-FRenPro8611.pdf. Accessed 5/12/2008.
- More information on arthritis can be found by visiting MedlinePlus, the National Library of Medicine Web site designed to help you research your health questions.
- MedlinePlus, the National Library of Medicine Web site designed to help you research your health questions, provides general information on myositis. Click on the link to view this information.
- The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) provides comprehensive information on Raynaud's phenomenon. To read this information, click on the link.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Antisynthetase syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.