autoimmune disease of unknown cause. It is a subgroup of the idiopathic (unknown cause) inflammatory muscle diseases and is characterized by myositis, interstitial lung disease, arthritis, and Raynaud's phenomenon. Antisynthetase syndrome is a chronic
Last updated: 5/15/2008
- Tzioufas AG. Orphanet. November 2001; http://www.orpha.net/data/patho/Pro/en/Antisynthetase-FRenPro8611.pdf. Accessed 5/12/2008.
- More information on arthritis can be found by visiting MedlinePlus, the National Library of Medicine Web site designed to help you research your health questions.
- MedlinePlus, the National Library of Medicine Web site designed to help you research your health questions, provides general information on myositis. Click on the link to view this information.
- The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) provides comprehensive information on Raynaud's phenomenon. To read this information, click on the link.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Antisynthetase syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.