Prinzmetal's variant angina
Other Names for this Disease
- Prinzmetal angina
- Variant angina
Your QuestionI am looking for any information on Prinzmetal's variant angina, including clinical studies. The medicine they have me on just isn't working for me. What treatment options are available?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
Questions on this page
- What is Prinzmetal's variant angina?
- What are the symptoms of Prinzmetal's variant angina?
- What causes Prinzmetal's variant angina?
- What is the treatment for Prinzmetal's variant angina?
- Where can I find information about clinical trials involving Prinzmetal's variant angina?
- Who can I contact to find out more about participating in clinical trials?
- Where can I find general information about clinical trials?
- Where can I find transportation and lodging resources for clinical trials participants?
- Occurs under the chest bone
- Described as squeezing, constricting, tightness, pressure, crushing
- Is usually severe and may radiate to the neck, jaw, shoulder, or arm
- Often occurs at rest
- Typically occurs at the same time each day, usually between midnight and 8am.
- Duration of pain is 5 to 30 minutes
- Pain is relieved by nitroglycerin
- Loss of consciousness
Patient Recruitment and Public Liaison Office
NIH Clinical Center
Web site: http://clinicalcenter.nih.gov/
A tutorial about clinical trials that can also help answer your questions can be found at the following link from the National Library of Medicine:
- Prinzmetal's angina. HeartHealthyWomen.org. http://www.hearthealthywomen.org/cardiovascular-disease/prinzmetals-angina/prinzmetals-angina.html. Accessed 1/24/2011.
- Zieve D, Chen MA. Coronary artery spasm. MedlinePlus. 2010; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000159.htm. Accessed 1/24/2011.
- Grogan M. Coronary artery spasm: A cause of heart attacks?. MayoClinic.com. June 18, 2010; http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/coronary-artery-spasm/AN01371. Accessed 1/24/2011.