Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- Imidodipeptidase deficiency
- Peptidase deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Prolidase deficiency is a rare disorder that affects multiple systems due to a defect on an enzyme that is related to the production of collagen (a strong protein found in bones, tissues, and skin).
- PEPD. Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/gene=pepd. Accessed March 8, 2010.
On this page
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Prolidase deficiency. Click on the link to go to GHR and review the information.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge. Click on the link to read information on this topic.
- The The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Prolidase deficiency. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.