Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- Imidodipeptidase deficiency
- Peptidase deficiency
enzyme that is related to the production of collagen (a strong protein found in bones, tissues, and skin).Prolidase deficiency is a rare disorder that affects multiple systems due to a defect on an
Last updated: 3/16/2010
- PEPD. Genetics Home Reference. March 7, 2010; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/gene=pepd. Accessed 3/8/2010.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Prolidase deficiency. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
In Depth Information
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is an catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.