Other Names for this Disease
- Richter transformation
anemia and low platelet counts (which can lead to easy bleeding and bruising).Richter syndrome is a rare condition in which chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) changes into a fast-growing type of lymphoma. Symptoms of Richter syndrome can include fever, loss of weight and muscle mass, abdominal pain, and enlargement of the lymph nodes, liver, and spleen. Laboratory results may show
Last updated: 1/3/2014
- Richter syndrome. National Cancer Institute: Dictionary of Cancer Terms. http://www.cancer.gov/dictionary/?CdrID=489396. Accessed 1/3/2014.
- Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. Transformation of CLL (Richter’s Syndrome and Prolymphocytic transformation). Last revised: 08/2011; http://leukaemialymphomaresearch.org.uk/sites/default/files/transformed_cll__aug_2011__0_0.pdf. Accessed 1/3/2014.
- The Lymphoma Research Foundation provides information about chronic lymphocytic leukemia and transformed leukemias, including Richter syndrome. Click on the links above to access this information.
- The National Cancer Institute provides the most current information on cancer for patients, health professionals, and the general public. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Richter syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.