Other Names for this Disease
- Beta-hexosaminidase-beta-subunit deficiency
- GM2 gangliosidosis 0 variant
- GM2 gangliosidosis, type 2
- Hexosaminidase A and B deficiency Disease
- Hexosaminidases A and B deficiency
On this page
Sandhoff disease is inherited in an autosomal recessive pattern, which means both copies of the gene in each cell have mutations. The parents of an individual with an autosomal recessive condition each carry one copy of the mutated gene, but they typically do not show signs and symptoms of the condition.
Last updated: 8/22/2011
- Sandhoff disease. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/sandhoff-disease. Accessed 10/19/2011.