Other Names for this Disease
- Cerebro-vascular lesions and livedo reticularis
- Ehrmann-Sneddon syndrome
- Livedo racemosa and cerebrovascular accidents
- Livedo reticularis and cerebrovascular accidents
- Sneddon's syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
livedo reticularis (bluish net-like patterns of discoloration on the skin) and neurological abnormalities. Symptoms may include headache, dizziness, high blood pressure, heart disease, mini-strokes and/or stroke. Reduced blood flow to the brain may cause lesions to develop within the central nervous system. This can lead to reduced mental capacity, memory loss and other neurological symptoms. The exact cause of Sneddon syndrome is unknown. Some familial cases have been described. It has also been associated with obliterating vasculitis and antiphospholipid antibody syndrome.Sneddon syndrome is a progressive condition characterized by
Last updated: 2/22/2012
- Sneddon Syndrome. National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). 2002; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/1020/viewAbstract. Accessed 2/22/2012.
- Blanchet-Bardon C. Sneddon syndrome. Orphanet. 2002; http://www.orphanet.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=EN&Expert=820. Accessed 2/22/2012.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Sneddon syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.