Other Names for this Disease
- Amyloidosis cerebral with spongiform encephalopathy
- Cerebellar ataxia, progressive dementia, and amyloid deposits in the central nervous system
- Encephalopathy subacute spongiform Gerstmann-Straussler type
- Gerstmann Straussler Scheinker syndrome
- Gerstmann-Straussler-Scheinker syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Your Questions Answered
1 question(s) from the public on this disease have been answered. Submit a new question.
I may be at-risk to develop Gerstmann-Straussler-Scheinker disease. Is there a test that can be performed to provide me with a definitive diagnosis, even if I don't currently have symptoms? Click here for answer