Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- A-alphalipoprotein neuropathy
- Alpha high density lipoprotein deficiency disease
- Cholesterol thesaurismosis
- Familial high density lipoprotein deficiency disease
On this page
Tangier disease is inherited in an autosomal recessive pattern, which means both copies of the gene in each cell have mutations. The parents of an individual with an autosomal recessive condition each carry one copy of the mutated gene, but they typically do not show signs and symptoms of the condition.
Last updated: 8/19/2011
- Tangier disease. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2010; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/tangier-disease. Accessed 8/19/2011.