Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- Porphyria variegate
- Porphyria, South African type
- PPOX deficiency
- Protoporphyrinogen oxidase deficiency
Tests & Diagnosis
- Variegate Porphyria (VP). American Porphyria Foundation. 2010; http://www.porphyriafoundation.com/about-porphyria/types-of-porphyria/VP. Accessed 7/19/2010.
- Porphyria, Variegate. National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). 2001; http://www.rarediseases.org/search/rdbdetail_abstract.html?disname=Porphyria%2C%20Variegate. Accessed 7/19/2010.
- The Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) provides information about the genetic tests for this condition. The intended audience for the GTR is health care providers and researchers. Patients and consumers with specific questions about a genetic test should contact a health care provider or a genetics professional.