Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- Diabetic fibrous breast disease
- Diabetic fibrous mastopathy
- Lymphocytic mastitis
- Lymphocytic mastopathy
- Sclerosing lymphocytic lobulitis
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Diabetic mastopathy are noncancerous lesions in the breast most commonly diagnosed in premenopausal women with type 1 diabetes. The cause of this condition is unknown. Symptoms may include hard, irregular, easily movable, discrete, painless breast mass(es).
- Keyoung JA Zuurbier CA, Tsangaris TN, Azumi N, Makariou E. Applied Radiology. 2003. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/462248_3. Accessed October 15, 2009.
- Honda M, Mori Y, Nishi T, Mizuguchi K, Ishibashi M. Diabetic mastopathy of bilateral breasts in an elderly Japanese woman with type 2 diabetes: a case report and a review of the literature in Japan. Intern Med. Epub 2007 Sep 14. http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/internalmedicine/46/18/1573/_pdf. Accessed October 15, 2009.
- Sotome K, Ohnishi T, Miyoshi R, Nakamaru M, Furukawa A, Miyazaki H, Morozumi K, Tanaka Y, Iri H. Breast Cancer. 2006. http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jbcs/13/2/205/_pdf. Accessed October 15, 2009.
- Tsung JS, Wang TY, Lin CK. J Formos Med Assoc. 2005. http://ajws.elsevier.com/ajws_archive/200511041A2462.pdf. Accessed October 15, 2009.
- Ely KA, Tse G, Simpson JF, Clarfeld R, Page DL. Am J Clin Pathol. 2000 Apr. http://ajcp.metapress.com/app/home/contribution.asp?referrer=parent&backto=issue,10,16;journal,96,99;linkingpublicationresults,1:300401,1. Accessed October 15, 2009.
- What you need to know about breast cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://ajws.elsevier.com/ajws_archive/200511041A2462.pdf. Accessed October 15, 2009.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Diabetic mastopathy. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
Selected Full-Text Journal Articles
- Ely RA, Tse G, Simpson JF, Clarfeld R, Page D. Diabetic Mastopathy: Clinicopathologic Review. Anatomic Pathology. 2000; 113:541-545.