Other Names for this Disease
- Idiopathic mediastinal fibrosis
- Mediastinal fibrosis
- Sclerosing mediastinitis
On this page
You can find relevant articles on the treatment of fibrosing mediastinitis through PubMed, a searchable database of biomedical journal articles. Although not all of the articles are available for free online, most articles listed in PubMed have a summary available. To obtain the full article, contact a medical/university library or your local library for interlibrary loan. You can also order articles online through the publisher’s Web site. Using "fibrosing mediastinitis" as your search term should help you locate articles. Use the advanced search feature to narrow your search results. Click here to view a search.
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) Web site has a page for locating libraries in your area that can provide direct access to these journals (print or online). The Web page also describes how you can get these articles through interlibrary loan and Loansome Doc (an NLM document-ordering service). You can access this page at the following link http://nnlm.gov/members/. You can also contact the NLM toll-free at 888-346-3656 to locate libraries in your area.
- Rossi S, McAdams H, Rosado-de-Christenson M, Franks T, Galvin J. Fibrosing Mediastinitis. Radiographics. 2001;
- Mason. Chapter 72. Murray & Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine, 4th ed.
- Peebles RS, Carpenter CT, Dupont WD, Loyd JE. Medistinal fibrosis is associated with human leukocyte antigen-A2*. CHEST. 2000;
- Chiller T. Chapter 5: Other infectious diseases related to travel. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2009; http://wwwnc.ced.gov/travel/yellowbook/2010/chapter-5/histoplasmosis.aspx. Accessed 4/22/2010.
- MacDonald S, Padley S. The mediastinum, including the pericardium. In: Adam A, Dixon AK. Grainger & Allison’s Diagnostic Radiology, 5th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Churchill Livingston; 2008;
- Worrell JA, Donnelly EF, Martin JB, Bastarache JA, Loyd JE. Computed tomography and the idiopathic form of proliferative fibrosing mediastinits. J Thorac Imaging. 2007;
- Devaraj A, Griffin N, Nicholson AG, Padley SPG. Computed tomography findings in fibrosing mediastinitis. Clinical Radiology. 2007;