Autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type 1
Other Names for this Disease
- APS 1
- Autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome type 1
- Autoimmune polyendocrinopathy syndrome type 1
- Autoimmune polyendocrinopathy-candidiasis-ectodermal dystrophy (APECED)
- Hypoadrenocorticism with hypoparathyroidism and superficial moniliasis
You may wish to discuss your concerns with a genetics professional. The following online resources can help you find a genetics professional in your community:
- GeneTests has a searchable directory of US and international genetics and prenatal diagnosis clinics.
- The National Society of Genetic Counselors provides a searchable directory of US and international genetic counseling services.
- The American College of Medical Genetics has a searchable database of US genetics clinics.
- The University of Kansas Medical Center provides a list of US and international genetic centers, clinics, and departments.
- The American Society of Human Genetics maintains a database of its members, which includes individuals who live outside of the United States. Visit the link to obtain a list of the geneticists in your country, some of whom may be researchers that do not provide medical care.