Coloboma of optic nerve
Other Names for this Disease
- Congenital coloboma of the optic nerve
- Optic nerve coloboma
- Optic nerve head pits, bilateral congenital
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Coloboma of optic nerve. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- The National Eye Institute, part of the National Institute of Health, provides information on optic nerve coloboma. Click on National Eye Institute to view the PDF document.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Coloboma of optic nerve. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- The Digital Reference of Ophthalmology provides an image and outlined description of optic nerve coloboma. Click on Digital Reference of Ophthalmology to view the information page.