Print friendly version
Spinal muscular atrophy with respiratory distress 1
Other Names for this Disease
- HMN VI
- Neuronopathy, distal hereditary motor, type VI
- Neuronopathy, severe infantile axonal, with respiratory failure
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Spinal muscular atrophy with respiratory distress 1. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Spinal muscular atrophy with respiratory distress 1. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- Families of SMA has created a booklet entitled Understanding SMA that is intended to serve as a source of information and support for children and adults with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
In Depth Information
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Spinal muscular atrophy with respiratory distress 1. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Spinal muscular atrophy with respiratory distress 1. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.