Other Names for this Disease
- Hyperostosis frontalis interna, obesity, shortness and cognitive impairment
- MSM syndrome
 Other signs and symptoms may include seizures, headaches, diabetes insipidus, and sex gland disturbances. The cause of Morgagni-Stewart-Morel syndrome is not fully understood. Some instances of dominant inheritance have been reported, but whether it is autosomal dominant or X-linked dominant is not known.Morgagni-Stewart-Morel (MSM) syndrome is a condition characterized by thickening of the frontal bone of the skull (hyperostosis frontalis interna), as well as obesity and excessive hair growth (hypertrichosis) in some individuals.
Last updated: 3/25/2011
- Morgagni-Stewart-Morel syndrome. Orphanet. June 2006; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=EN&Expert=77296. Accessed 3/25/2011.
- Hyperostosis Frontalis Interna. NORD. 2007; http://www.rarediseases.org/search/rdbdetail_abstract.html?disname=Hyperostosis%20Frontalis%20Interna. Accessed 3/25/2011.
- Victor A. McKusick et al. HYPEROSTOSIS FRONTALIS INTERNA. OMIM. 1986-2009; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/omim/144800. Accessed 3/25/2011.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Morgagni-Stewart-Morel syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.