Print friendly version
* Not a rare disease
Paget disease of bone
* Not a rare disease
Other Names for this Disease
- Osteitis deformans
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Paget’s disease of the bone. MedlinePlus. November 2009; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000414.htm. Accessed 12/12/2011.
- What Is Paget's Disease of Bone?. NIH Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases ~ National Resource Center. May 2009; http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Bone/Pagets/pagets_disease_ff.asp. Accessed 12/12/2011.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Paget disease of bone. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic. Click on the link to view this information.
- The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) support research into the causes, treatment, and prevention of arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin diseases, the training of basic and clinical scientists to carry out this research, and the dissemination of information on research progress in these diseases. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
In Depth Information
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Paget disease of bone. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Paget disease of bone. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.