Other Names for this Disease
- Agnogenic myeloid metaplasia
- Idiopathic myelofibrosis
- Myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia
- Myeloid metaplasia
- Myelosclerosis with myeloid metaplasia
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- The NORD Physician Guide for Myelofibrosis was developed as a free service of the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) and it's medical advisors. The guides provide a resource for clinicians about specific rare disorders to facilitate diagnosis and treatment of their patients with this condition.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Myelofibrosis. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The Myeloproliferative Disorders Research Consortium (MPD-RC) is an international, multi-institutional non-profit consortium funded by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) at the National Institutes of Health and set up to coordinate, facilitate, and perform basic and clinic research investigating the genetics of MPDs with the goal of developing therapy. To learn more, click on the link.
|Generic Name||Ruxolitinib Phosphate|
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Treatment of patients with intermediate or high-risk myelofibrosis, including primary myelofibrosis, post-polycythemia vera myelofibrosis and post-essential thrombocythemia myelofibrosis. Treatment of patients with polycythemia vera who have had an inadequate response to or are intolerant of hydroxyurea.|
|More Information about this product||
Drug Information Portal
Medline Plus Health Information