Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- Brody disease
- Sarcoplasmic reticulum -Ca2+ATPase deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
autosomal recessive fashion. Some cases of Brody disease are caused by mutations in a gene called “ATP2A1,” for other cases the underlying genetic defect has not been identified.Brody disease is a type of myopahty or "disease of muscle." Signs and symptoms include difficulty relaxing muscles and muscle stiffness following exercise. The condition tends to be inherited in an
Last updated: 3/20/2009
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Brody myopathy. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
In Depth Information
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Brody myopathy. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Brody myopathy. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.