Print friendly version
Schimke X-linked mental retardation syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Childhood-onset choreoathetosis with spasticity, postnatal microcephaly, growth and mental retardation, ophthalmoplegia, and deafness
- Choreoathetosis with mental retardation X- linked
- Progressive basal ganglion dysfunction, mental and growth retardation, external ophthalmoplegia, postnatal microcephaly and deafness
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Schimke X-linked mental retardation syndrome. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
On this page
In Depth Information
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Schimke X-linked mental retardation syndrome. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Schimke X-linked mental retardation syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.