Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- Nodose hair
hair shaft resulting in hair which appears dry, dull, and brittle, and which breaks spontaneously or with mild trauma. The age of onset, severity, and course may vary from person to person.Monilethrix is a rare condition caused by a defect in the
Last updated: 1/30/2012
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Monilethrix. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss monilethrix. Click on the links below to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- Ferrando J and Castro S (2003) published an article that provides an overview on monilethrix through Orphanet. Visit the link below to access the article.
In Depth Information
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Monilethrix. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.