Other Names for this Disease
- Moniliform hair syndrome
- Nodose hair
hair shaft resulting in hair which appears dry, dull, and brittle, and which breaks spontaneously or with mild trauma. The age of onset, severity, and course may vary from person to person.Monilethrix is a rare condition caused by a defect in the
Last updated: 1/30/2012
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on the P2RY12 gene and its related conditions. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM)
Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM)
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Monilethrix. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.