Hepatocellular carcinoma, childhood
Other Names for this Disease
- pediatric HCC
- Pediatric hepatocellular carcinoma
jaundice, vomiting, fever, itchy skin, anemia, and back pain. Treatment options may vary depending on a variety of factors including the stage of the cancer.Hepatocellular carcinoma, childhood is a rare type of cancer of the liver that affects children. Symptoms may include a mass in the abdomen, swollen abdomen, abdominal pain, weight loss, poor appetite,
Last updated: 2/20/2009
- Rosenthal P. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition. 2008; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18367947. Accessed 2/11/2009.
- Children's Hospital Boston Web site has an information page on hepatocellular carcinoma, childhood. Click on the link above to view this information page.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The Merck Manuals Online Medical Library provides information on this condition for patients and caregivers.
- The National Cancer Institute provides the most current information on cancer for patients, health professionals, and the general public.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Hepatocellular carcinoma, childhood. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.