Alzheimer disease type 2
Other Names for this Disease
- Alzheimer disease associated with APOE E4
- Late onset Alzheimer disease
- Late onset familial Alzheimer disease
What is late-onset Alzheimer disease and how is it inherited?
The remaining cases of Alzheimer disease are familial, which means they are found in multiple members of a family. Familial Alzheimer disease can be divided into early-onset disease (symptoms begin before age 65) and late-onset disease (symptoms begin after age 65).
- Alzheimer Disease. Genetics Home Reference. October 2006; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=alzheimerdisease. Accessed 1/18/2008.
- Alzheimer's Facts and Figures. Alzheimer's association. October 16, 2007; http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_facts_figures.asp. Accessed 1/18/2008.
- Alzheimer Disease Overview. GeneReviews. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1161/. Accessed 1/25/2008.