Leber congenital amaurosis 3
Other Names for this Disease
- Amaurosis congenita of Leber, type 3
- Leber congenital amaurosis type 3
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Leber congenital amaurosis 3. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- The American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy provides information on the treatment of genetic eye diseases.
- The Foundation for Retinal Research provides information on their Web site on leber congenital amaurosis. Click on the link to view this information.
- The Foundation for Fighting Blindness provides information on their Web site on leber congenital amaurosis. Click on the link to view this information.
- The National Eye Institute (NEI) was established by Congress in 1968 to protect and prolong the vision of the American people. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Leber congenital amaurosis 3. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.