3-alpha hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency
Other Names for this Disease
- 3-hydroxylacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency
- HADH deficiency
- Medium and short chain 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about 3-alpha hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on 3-alpha hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The Screening, Technology And Research in Genetics (STAR-G) Project has a fact sheet on this condition, which was written specifically for families that have received a diagnosis as a result of newborn screening. This fact sheet provides general information about the condition and answers questions that are of particular concern to parents.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss 3-alpha hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.