Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis, familial, 4
Other Names for this Disease
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis, familial, 4. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
On this page
- The Histiocytosis Association of America has an information page on hemophagocytic syndromes. Click on Histiocytosis Association to view the information page.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis, familial, 4. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- Fisman DN. Hemophagocytic Syndromes and Infection. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 2000; 6(6): 601-608.
- The Social Security Administration has included this condition in their Compassionate Allowances Initiative. This initiative speeds up the processing of disability claims for applicants with certain medical conditions that cause severe disability. More information about Compassionate Allowances and applying for Social Security disability is available online.