Exercise-induced hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia
Other Names for this Disease
- Exercise induced hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia
- Hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia exercise-induced
- Hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia familial 7
 shakiness, nervousness, sweating, dizziness or light-headedness, sleepiness, confusion, difficulty speaking, anxiety, and weakness.Exercise induced hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia is characterized by a sudden and exaggerated spike in insulin and drop in blood sugar levels. The condition is triggered by vigorous exercise. Signs and symptoms include fainting (syncope),
Last updated: 12/4/2013
- Hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia, familial, 7; HHF7. OMIM. November 2008; http://omim.org/entry/610021. Accessed 12/4/2013.
- Hypoglycemia. NIDDK. November 6, 2012; http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/hypoglycemia/#symptoms. Accessed 12/4/2013.
On this page
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is an catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Exercise-induced hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.