Other Names for this Disease
- Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis, congenital
- Dyserythropoietic anemia, and neutrophilic dermatosis
- Congenital dyserythropoietic anemia and chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis
- CDA and CRMO
- Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis - congenital dyserythropoietic anemia - neutrophilic dermatosis
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
contractures. CDA involves a shortage of red blood cells which can lead to fatigue (tiredness), weakness, pale skin, and shortness of breath. Most people with Majeed syndrome also develop inflammatory disorders of the skin, most often a condition known as Sweet syndrome. Majeed syndrome results from mutations in the LPIN2 gene. This condition is inherited in an autosomal recessive pattern.Majeed syndrome is characterized by recurrent episodes of fever and inflammation in the bones and skin. The two main features of this condition are chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis (CRMO) and congenital dyserythropoietic anemia (CDA). CRMO causes recurrent episodes of pain and joint swelling which can lead to complications such as slow growth and the development of joint deformities called
Last updated: 10/31/2013
- Majeed syndrome. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). August 2009; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/majeed-syndrome. Accessed 10/31/2013.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Majeed syndrome. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Majeed syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.