- BOR syndrome
- Branchio oto renal syndrome
- Branchiootorenal dysplasia
- Melnick-Fraser syndrome
On this page
People with hereditary hearing loss often require regular follow-up with a hearing specialist such as an audiologist to monitor stability or progression of the hearing loss.
Treatment of branchial fistulae or cysts may require surgery. For people with branchiootorenal syndrome and severe kidney malformations or complications, dialysis or kidney transplant may be required.
- Smith RJH, Van Camp G. Deafness and Hereditary Hearing Loss Overview. GeneReviews. 2008; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=gene&part=deafness-overview. Accessed 1/8/2010.
- Niaudet P. Branchiootorenal (BOR) syndrome. Orphanet. 2007; Accessed 1/8/2010.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.