- Branchiootorenal dysplasia
- Melnick-Fraser syndrome
- Branchio oto renal syndrome
- BOR syndrome
Your QuestionWhat is branchiootorenal syndrome? How can I learn more about this condition? How can I find a specialist?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
Questions on this page
You can find more details regarding the signs and symptoms of branchiootorenal syndrome by visiting the Genetic Home Reference Web site at the following link:
People with hereditary hearing loss often require regular follow-up with a hearing specialist such as an audiologist to monitor stability or progression of the hearing loss.
Treatment of branchial fistulae or cysts may require surgery. For people with branchiootorenal syndrome and severe kidney malformations or complications, dialysis or kidney transplant may be required.
The following online resources can help you find a genetics professional in your community:
- The National Society for Genetic Counselors provides a searchable directory of US and international genetic counseling services.
- The American College of Medical Genetics has a searchable database of US genetics clinics.
- The American Society of Human Genetics maintains a database of its members, which includes individuals who live outside of the United States. Visit the link to obtain a list of the geneticists in your country, some of whom may be researchers that do not provide medical care.
- Husein M, Smith JH. Genetic Sensorineural Hearing Loss. In: Cummings et al., eds. Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery, 4th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby, Inc; 2005;
- Smith RJH, Van Camp G. Deafness and Hereditary Hearing Loss Overview. GeneReviews. 2008; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=gene&part=deafness-overview. Accessed 1/8/2010.
- Swiatecka-Urban A. Multicystic Renal Dysplasia. eMedicine. 2009; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/982560-overview. Accessed 1/8/2010.
- Niaudet P. Branchiootorenal (BOR) syndrome. Orphanet. 2007; Accessed 1/8/2010.
- Branchiootorenal syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=branchiootorenalsyndrome. Accessed 1/8/2010.
- What are the different ways in which a genetic condition can be inherited?. Genetics Home Reference Web site. January 25, 2016; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/inheritance/inheritancepatterns.