- Branchiootorenal dysplasia
- Melnick-Fraser syndrome
- Branchio oto renal syndrome
- BOR syndrome
You can find more details regarding the signs and symptoms of branchiootorenal syndrome by visiting the Genetic Home Reference Web site at the following link:
The Human Phenotype Ontology provides the following list of signs and symptoms for Branchiootorenal syndrome. If the information is available, the table below includes how often the symptom is seen in people with this condition. You can use the MedlinePlus Medical Dictionary to look up the definitions for these medical terms.
The Human Phenotype Ontology (HPO) has collected information on how often a sign or symptom occurs in a condition. Much of this information comes from Orphanet, a European rare disease database. The frequency of a sign or symptom is usually listed as a rough estimate of the percentage of patients who have that feature.
The frequency may also be listed as a fraction. The first number of the fraction is how many people had the symptom, and the second number is the total number of people who were examined in one study. For example, a frequency of 25/25 means that in a study of 25 people all patients were found to have that symptom. Because these frequencies are based on a specific study, the fractions may be different if another group of patients are examined.
Sometimes, no information on frequency is available. In these cases, the sign or symptom may be rare or common.
- Niaudet P. Branchiootorenal (BOR) syndrome. Orphanet. 2007; Accessed 1/8/2010.
- Smith RJH, Van Camp G. Deafness and Hereditary Hearing Loss Overview. GeneReviews. 2008; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=gene&part=deafness-overview. Accessed 1/8/2010.
- Branchiootorenal syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=branchiootorenalsyndrome. Accessed 1/8/2010.
- Husein M, Smith JH. Genetic Sensorineural Hearing Loss. In: Cummings et al., eds. Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery, 4th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby, Inc; 2005;
- Swiatecka-Urban A. Multicystic Renal Dysplasia. eMedicine. 2009; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/982560-overview. Accessed 1/8/2010.