Autism spectrum disorders
* Not a rare disease
Other Names for this Disease
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.
- The Autism Speaks organization has information about the many opportunities that are available for families who want to participate in autism research. Click on the link to learn more about the way families can participate.
- The Centers for Mendelian Genomics program is working to discover the causes of rare genetic disorders. For more information about applying to the research study, please visit their website.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Autism spectrum disorders. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The National Database for Autism Research (NDAR) is a collaborative biomedical informatics system being created by the National Institute of Health (NIH) to provide a national resource to support and accelerate research in autism.