* Not a rare disease
Other Names for this Disease
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Disseminated lupus erythematosus
- Lupus erythematosus
- Discoid lupus
- Subacute cutaneous lupus
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
For information on the treatment of lupus, you can read the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) publication called Handout on Health: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. NIAMS is the primary NIH organization for research and information on lupus.
Last updated: 8/26/2015
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Lupus. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The International Consortium on the Genetics of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus was formed in 2004 and is composed of lupus genetics researchers who have agreed to pool their knowledge and resources to search for genes that predispose to lupus.