MYH7-related scapuloperoneal myopathy
Other Names for this Disease
- MYH7-related late-onset scapuloperoneal syndrome
- MYH7-related late-onset SPMD
- Scapuloperoneal muscular dystrophy
- Scapuloperoneal myopathy, MYH7-related
- Scapuloperoneal syndrome, myopathic type
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
There is no standard course of treatment for scapuloperoneal myopathy. Some patients may benefit from physical therapy or other therapeutic exercises.
Last updated: 8/9/2012
- Scapuloperoneal myopathy. National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). 2007; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/436/viewAbstract. Accessed 8/9/2012.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.