Sepiapterin reductase deficiency
Other Names for this Disease
- SPR deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
dystonia. Other common features include axial hypotonia , oculogyric crises, and delays in motor and cognitive development. The condition is caused by mutations in the SPR gene. It is inherited in an autosomal recessive fashion. Treatment with levodopa (L-dopa) in combination with carbidopa has shown much success causing drastic improvements in motor functioning.Sepiapterin reductase deficiency is a neurometabolic disorder characterized by a pattern of involuntary sustained muscle contractions known as
Last updated: 4/19/2016
- Sepiapterin reductase deficiency. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). June 2011; https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/sepiapterin-reductase-deficiency.
- Kamm C. Dopa-responsive dystonia due to sepiapterin reductase deficiency. Orphanet. November 2013; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=en&Expert=70594.
- Friedman J. Sepiapterin Reductase Deficiency. GeneReviews. July 1, 2015; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK304122/.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Sepiapterin reductase deficiency. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Sepiapterin reductase deficiency. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- B. G. R. Neville, R. Parascandalo, R. Farrugia and A. Felice, Sepiapterin reductase deficiency: a congenital dopa-responsive motor and cognitive disorder, Brain (2005) 128(10):2291-2296.