Primary gastrointestinal melanoma
Other Names for this Disease
- Malignant melanoma of the gastrointestinal tract
- Melanoma of the gastrointestinal tract
- Melanoma of the GI tract
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
Treatment of primary melanoma of the small intestine often involves the surgical resection of the tumor. We encourage you to speak with your healthcare provider to learn more about your surgical and other treatment options.
Last updated: 1/6/2009
- Letovanec I, Vionnet M, Bouzourene H. . Primary appendiceal melanoma: Fiction or reality?. Human Pathol. 2004 May;
- Atmatzidis KS et al.,. Primary malignant melanoma of the small intestine: Report of a case. Surg Today. 2002;
- Lagoudianakis EE et al.,. Primary gastric melanoma: A case report. World J. Gastroenterology. 2006 July 21;
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Treatment of adults with metastatic melanoma.|