Children's interstitial lung disease
Other Names for this Disease
- Primary ILD specific to childhood
- Primary interstitial lung disease specific to childhood
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
There is no single treatment for interstitial lung diseases in children. Different forms of chILD require different treatments and support depending on the condition. The goals of treatment for chILD is to relieve symptoms, provide support to maximize growth and development, and to prevent exposure to preventable illnesses that could make the chILD worse. See the Children's Interstitial and Diffuse Lung Disease Foundation for more detailed information about treatment.
Last updated: 1/4/2016
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Children's interstitial lung disease. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The Rare Lung Diseases Consortium: Molecular Pathway-Driven Diagnostics and Therapeutics for Rare Lung Diseases is an integrated group of academic medical centers, patient support organizations, and clinical research resources dedicated to rare lung diseases.