Koolen de Vries syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- 17q21.31 deletion syndrome
- 17q21.31 microdeletion syndrome
- Chromosome 17q21.31 microdeletion syndrome
- KANSL1-Related Intellectual Disability Syndrome
- Microdeletion 17q21.31 syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.
- The 17q21.31 Research Project aims to better characterize the clinical spectrum of Koolen de Vries syndrome, to provide insights into the molecular effects of the 17q21.31 deletion and KANSL1 mutation, and to explore possibilities for treatment. These research studies are being conducted by investigators at the Department of Human Genetics, Radbound Univeristy Medical Center, Nijmegen, Netherlands and at the Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, United States.
- Orphanet lists European clinical trials, research studies, and patient registries enrolling people with this condition.