Chromosome 1q duplication
Other Names for this Disease
- Duplication 1q
- Trisomy 1q
- 1q duplication
- 1q trisomy
- Partial trisomy 1q
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
chromosome abnormality that occurs when there is an extra copy of genetic material on the long arm (q) of chromosome 1. The severity of the condition and the signs and symptoms depend on the size and location of the duplication and which genes are involved. Features that often occur in people with chromosome 1q duplication include developmental delay, intellectual disability, behavioral problems and distinctive facial features. Most cases are not inherited, but people can pass the duplication on to their children. Treatment is based on the signs and symptoms present in each person.Chromosome 1q duplication is a
Last updated: 5/7/2015
- Duplications of 1q. NORD. 2005; http://www.rarechromo.org/information/Chromosome%20%201/1q%20duplications%20%20FTNW.pdf.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Chromosome 1q duplication. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- Unique is a source of information and support for families and individuals affected by rare chromosome disorders. Click on the link to view information about Chromosome 1q duplication.
Duplications of 1q
- The Monarch Initiative brings together data about this condition from humans and other species to help physicians and biomedical researchers. Monarch’s tools are designed to make it easier to compare the signs and symptoms (phenotypes) of different diseases and discover common features. This initiative is a collaboration between several academic institutions across the world and is funded by the National Institutes of Health. Visit the website to explore the biology of this condition.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Chromosome 1q duplication. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.