Gray zone lymphoma
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
lymphoma, cancer of a part of the immune system called the lymph system. It is called "gray zone" lymphoma because it has features intermediate between classical Hodgkin lymphoma and primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma (PMBL), but cannot be assigned specifically to either type. The clinical characteristics and treatment of gray zone lymphoma have not been well-defined due to its rarity and recent identification. While some features suggest it should be treated like Hodgkin lymphoma, other features suggest it should be treated like PMBL.Gray zone lymphoma is a rare type of
Last updated: 4/18/2016
- Traverse-Glehen A, Pittaluga S, Gaulard P, Sorbara L, Alonso MA, Raffeld M, Jaffe ES. Mediastinal gray zone lymphoma: the missing link between classic Hodgkin's lymphoma and mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma. American Journal of Surgical Pathology. 2005; 29:1411-1421. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16224207. Accessed 5/12/2012.
- Kieron Dunleavy and Wyndham H. Wilson. Primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma and mediastinal gray zone lymphoma: do they require a unique therapeutic approach?. Blood. January, 2015; 125(1):33-39.
- Wilson WH, et. al. A prospective study of mediastinal gray-zone lymphoma. Blood. September 4, 2014; 124(10):1563-1569.
- The National Cancer Institute has information about lymphoma in general.
- The Monarch Initiative brings together data about this condition from humans and other species to help physicians and biomedical researchers. Monarch’s tools are designed to make it easier to compare the signs and symptoms (phenotypes) of different diseases and discover common features. This initiative is a collaboration between several academic institutions across the world and is funded by the National Institutes of Health. Visit the website to explore the biology of this condition.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Gray zone lymphoma. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.