Hereditary diffuse gastric cancer
Other Names for this Disease
- Gastric cancer, hereditary diffuse
- Gastric cancer, familial diffuse
- Familial diffuse cancer of stomach
- Familial diffuse gastric cancer
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
diffuse gastric cancer). Women affected by this condition also have an increased risk for lobular breast cancer. Cancers associated with HDGC generally occur at younger ages than those seen in people who do not have a hereditary predisposition to cancer. HDGC is caused by changes (mutations) in the CDH1 gene and is inherited in an autosomal dominant manner. Management typically involves high-risk cancer screening and/or prophylactic surgeries.Hereditary diffuse gastric cancer (HDGC) is an inherited condition that is characterized by an increased risk of developing a specific form of stomach cancer (called
Last updated: 3/17/2015
- Kaurah P & Huntsman DG. Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer. GeneReviews. July 2014; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1139/. Accessed 12/21/2015.
- Cancer.net provides oncologist-approved cancer information from the American Society of Clinical Oncology and has information about Hereditary diffuse gastric cancer.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Hereditary diffuse gastric cancer. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Hereditary diffuse gastric cancer. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.